Friday, November 1, 2013

Park West Bag

I am a complete sucker for bags, and I jump at any chance I can to try something new so I was stoked to be able to test yet another bag for Sara of SewSweetness. Her latest bag was the Park West Bag and it is seriously an awesome, awesome pattern.

First off the size of this bag is what gives it rock star status in my book. As it is, it's a very generously sized bag, with a few modifications it would make a stellar diaper bag or tote. I love the side pockets, they are perfect for stashing your keys and cell phone!

I love the overall design of the bag, the accent pieces, as well as the addition of elements like purse feet and the shape of the handle tabs make it such a unique pattern. I chose to do this one with a print from the line Type as well as a lightweight denim chambray as the accent fabric. I really like how they look together.

This bag was a lot easier to put together than it looks, I think I completed the whole thing in about three hours. Gotta love instant gratification projects!!!





No comments: