Saturday, December 7, 2013

Lucky Denver Mint Bag vs. Jack Frost

Here in Cincy we had our first big winter storm. It was less snow and ice than predicted but it made for a pretty nasty day travel wise. Stuck inside for the day, what else to do but sew?

Considering the icky weather, this fabric seemed fitting and I had just enough to make a Lucky Denver Mint Bag from the book Big City Bags by Sara Lawson.

I was a little worried about sewing the zipper on the curve but it was surprisingly easy. 

I did add a front pocket to the bag, which was my only deviation from the pattern. I've come to love exterior pockets for handy access to my phone when I'm out and about. 

It came together quickly and I didn't have to rip out a single seam in the process. Yay for that!!!


The bag is a fold over style, and can be worn folded or unfolded. I tend to like the folded look myself.
This was the easiest zipper, I have ever installed. 


This bag is deceptively roomy when unfolded and has an interior slip pocket as well. I purposefully chose a bright fabric for the interior, it's cold, icy and icky out and I wanted something that looked cheerful and warm. 


Take that old man winter!!!

I'm using this bag as an entry in the sew mama sew's Sew Sweetness bag contest! Wish me luck, there are some amazing bags entered!!! I'm also entering my Piccadilly Circus Bag.

Keep warm :)






No comments: