About all those WIPs that I need to get done? Um, yeah. As I was ironing the fabric for the towels before I started sewing, I decided that I needed a new ironing board cover. I mean, I needed
one in the sense that I could not bear to look at the one on my ironing board for one more second.
This ironing board moved with me when I moved out of my parents house in 2004, who knows how old it was when I, um, acquired it. Of course it's the same cover that has been on it forever. In my defense, before I started sewing, ironing was something I only HAD to do a few times a year... It's amazing the wrinkles that you can get out with a wet rag and a few minutes in the dryer.
Now, don't get me wrong, I've washed the cover but over the years it just wouldn't come clean. Lots of scorch marks, water stains, etc and it has seen better days.
Please don't judge ha!
There are a billion tutorials all over the web about how to do this, some involving elastic, others sewing on bias tape as a casing and so on. I really didn't want to get all that complicated with this, as I really SHOULD be doing any of a dozen other things, so I settled on my own hodge Podge of techniques from various tutorials and it worked! Yay! And really in less than an hour from start to finish. I think the longest part of it was pulling the drawstring out from the old cover... It really didn't want to give it up. After about ten minutes of seam ripping, cursing and hacking away at the cover, I freed the drawstring and was done!
Yay! Much nicer! Now to maybe knock off some things that actually NEED to be done.