Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Wow, I cannot believe we are about to begin 2013 already! 2012 just flew by, and what a whirlwind it was. I got my first "real" sewing machine last Christmas and I was able to spend some quality time getting acquainted with it. It's been good to me so far, I can't wait to see what the new year brings.

Some of my favorite bags of the year:



Bubble bag using the it's a cinch tutorial by Sweet Verbena. Not only is it a fabulous bag (I have two others and I ♥ them!),  the tutorial is fantastic and even takes the scary out of adding a zippered lining!



Tulip Tote (pattern by Kay Whitt as in Sew Serendipity Bags) Love this bag! I even made one in orange that I carry all the time!






 Then I had a slight infatuation with Chevrons:

Modified from Simplicity 2396

Chevron Fold Over Tote, my own design



Chevron Tote #2 Another Simplicity 2396




Spring Bag Simplicity 1905

Flame Tote From Butterick 5622




Diaper Bag from Sew Serendipity Bags by Kay Whitt. First off I want to say that this was easily the most challenging bag I have ever done (zippers GALORE, but the pattern by Kay Whitt was fantastic and the bag is such an awesome design. However, although I loved the way the construction came together, I LOATHED this fabric from the get go. It was a bag for a friend, who picked it out for her sister and  I had little input there. Besides looking like Vera Bradley vomited this out, it made the list.



Some Crochet Projects:

An aqua cowl with some fabric buttons...I discovered that fabric covered buttons are pure MAGIC

Chunky Peacock infinity scarf

Fan stitched Coral Scarflette

 And I tried my hand at embroidery and discovered I really enjoyed it!




 Looking forward to 2013!!!!


Linking up to Craft Junkie too T.G.I.F. linky party 

No comments: