The inside has 2 slip pockets on the lining panels and 4 zippered vinyl pockets, these can easily be made into divided pockets for more storage space. Imagine ALL the goodies you can stuff into this bag!
The construction of this bag is very straight forward and isn't complicated to put together. However, all the layers does add a bit of difficulty to it. This was my first time using By Annie's Soft and Stable (I usually substitute headliner fabric) and it was really, really nice to work with. The only trouble I had was that it's just a tad thicker than the headliner and I found that I really needed to use my walking foot when top stitching to keep it from getting all wonky. The vinyl was a bit tricky but honestly was much easier to work with than I had expected. Surprisingly, I didn't need my walking foot to sew it at all. The trickest part was sewing through all 4 vinyl pockets and the lining., for that I had to employ both my walking foot and a leather needle (I think my machine laughed at me when I attempted it with a denim needle).
I ended up finishing the binding by hand, as I was afraid of my machine not cooperating going through all those layers and stitching the bias tape on neatly. I finished it while watching last night's episode of The Walking Dead. If you watch the show, then you'll understand that I NEED to have something in my hands to keep my nerves in check.
Maybe if I keep using these bright fabrics, I can will spring to make an appearance sometime in 2014!